If you would like to view some of Jane’s previous work, including before and after photos, click here to go to her staging website.
Staging will prepare your property for viewing by Real Estate Professionals and their Clients. The goal is to optimize the condition and appearance of the property, and to make people want to live there. It is different than decorating because it is not specific to one person’s preferences, but appeals to as many buyers as possible. Staging, along with appropriate pricing, will help a property to sell quickly and for more than without staging. The goal is to achieve this given the decisions and resources of the buyer.
Steps in Staging
- The initial meeting can be by phone or face to face. During this time there will be an over view of staging and the process.
- The next step is for me to visit your property for a thorough evaluation of the condition and the marketability of the property. This can take several hours. During this evaluation there will be time to address any questions and concerns that you might have.
- A complete list of recommendations will be compiled for you to consider.
- You, as the property owner, decide the “who”, “what” and “when” for implementing the list of recommendations. This based on your budget and willingness to complete tasks on your own or to hire others to do the work. We can take on as little or a much of this as you wish. As a client of RS4U, the evaluation of your property, the list of recommendations and the final showcasing of your property are complimentary services we provide to you. If you wish for us to implement other items on the recommendation list, we will provide you will an itemized list of service costs.
- Based on your decisions, the work on the property is completed.
- We will showcase the property for you. This entails positioning of furniture (owned/rented), art work, and decorative items.
- We have professional photos taken for marketing purposes.
- The Property is listed and open to viewing. We will schedule open house viewings as well as place a “lock box” at the front door so that Realtors can enter the property with and without clients for viewings. If there are specific conditions to times of lock box viewings or if you would like a phone call prior to viewings we will work that out with you and make that part of MLS instructions.
As a client of RS4U, the Staging Evaluation of your property, the list of recommendations and the final showcasing of your property are complimentary services we provide to you. If you wish for us to implement other items on the recommendation list, we will provide you will an itemized list of service costs.
Jane Fowler is a Certified Staging Professional® (CSP). Earning this certification requires professional training. This includes participating in intensive workshops, completing assigned work, passing written and practical examinations, maintaining membership, and agreeing to practice within a code of professional and ethical conduct. For more information visit the CSP site.