We believe that the smoothest and most successful home sales come as a result of thought, research and prudent preparation. So, set yourself up to avoid the pitfalls of selling:
Prior to listing
- We meet with you to determine your goals and needs . We view the property and hear its history, provide informational paper work that will help you prepare for the process of listing and selling your property and (most importantly) answer any questions you may have.
- Complete the listing agreement and all other paperwork required to put the property on the MLS.
- We recommend that you get Home and Pest Inspections so that you know about any issues that are discovered. This way you can make decisions about whether or not to complete repairs before the property is on the market. This prevents you from having to decide about making and completing repairs while you are under pressure and time constraints of a closing date. This also makes the property interesting to potential buyers because they will have access to this information before they make an offer, and this transparency helps buyers feel more confident about making crucial buying decisions.
- Make a sales plan by considering your market. We do a lot of research about comparable properties that are on the market, including going to see them. Rob will look at recent sales and determine the prevailing real estate market and develop a market analysis. This information can be used to determine a listing price.
- We think it is a good idea for you to view the properties most comparable to yours. Seeing the competition helps you put your property in perspective. It’s not unusual for home owners to get so used to their property that they no longer see the uniqueness of their property or the issues that it may have.
- Jane will do a Staging Consultation (complementary to you with our Listing Agreement). From this you will get a room by room evaluation that will give you a list of recommended tasks to complete prior to showing. The tasks you choose to complete will depend on your budget and time constraints. Jane will work with you to make staging decisions based on your budget.
- The property will be Showcased to optimize Buyer appeal (complimentary with Listing Agreement). At this point it will be ready for showings. We will ask you to keep it looking like this (honestly, a hard thing to do as you “live”) so that it will look it’s best for any showings that come up.
- We have professional photos taken of your property that will be used to advertise your home.
Property is on the market
- Your property will be placed on the Brokers Tour and viewed by numerous Real Estate Brokers and the property information will be shared with a network of Realtors®.
- Open Home viewings are scheduled at numerous times and conducted personally by Rob and Jane.
- The property becomes available for viewing by Realtors® and their clients. We will work with you to determine scheduling and availability criteria that are convenient to you. Your flexibility with showings will maximize exposure of the property. Offers to buy the property are received and reviewed as decided in the marketing plan. Rob will keep you informed and will organize offers and assist you to evaluate them.
- You will accept an offer.
Your Property is in Escrow
- There is a strict timeline of events that guides the escrow process. Rob will keep you informed, prepare and explain the required paperwork, and distribute it.
- Sometimes issues arise. Rob will use his skills to navigate any issues and keep you informed with the goal of keeping the process smooth and moving forward.
- At the close of escrow documents are signed to finalize the transaction and transfer title of the property to the Buyer. The seller is paid.